May 12, 2009

OWL #51: Two

Congrats to One Little Word! They are celebrating their second birthday, so their challenge word is "Two".



I decided to use the challenge to celebrate my two favorite teenagers with a special mini:



My little sister, Taylor, and Jake's little sister, Savannah, happen to be the same age. The result is a lot of loud giggly slumber parties at our apartment.


This is Savannah:


And this is Taylor:

The book still has tons of pages to document the hilarious moments that I'm sure are just around the corner:

To make this mini, I just bought one of Making Memories 8x8 packs of paper (I used this) and glued each piece to the other matching piece because the paper was single sided. I used paper scraps and the packaging for the paper that had shapes cut out of it. I alternated these sheets with transparencies. To bind, I simply lined the papers up, clipped them with binder clips so they wouldn't slip, and punched three holes. I used spare fabric strips to hold it all together and sewed buttons on the end instead of tying knots:


I've been saving this paper for the girls, so thanks to One Little Word for getting me to finally get this project started!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Gorgeous! love it!

bethchien said...

That is one UH=MAZING MINI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!