July 3, 2009

Something Old, Something New

I've been a little MIA the last few weeks, but it's all due to settling in here:



I love that this is our window. It's like our backdoor or porch. It's definitely nice to be able to hand in groceries through the window (it's even nicer to buy them fresh and local across the street)! I've been meaning to give you a nice visual tour of my new loft & neighborhood...and it's coming, I promise! I had no idea it would take this long to get settled in. Either way, it's past due time to share some eye candy with you! I challenged myself this week to use something old on every page. I've been buying some awesome new goodies, so I know I won't use up my stash if I don't make myself! Also, I've been really inspired by photos of my childhood lately, so there are also old pictures on most of these pages. Here's what I came up with:



Most of this page was created using my June Vintage Plum kit, but I used some of my older Thickers for the title. I'm obsessed with Thickers (I believe I have over thirty varieties now), but these ones always seem a little bigger than what I'm going for. I'm glad I finally used them, they really pop!


I love this picture of me as a little "esimo" as a baby. This page is mostly new Sassafras Lass, but the scrap of paper in the top left corner is from my scrap box.


Another photo from my childhood! This was made mostly from the wonderful Freehand Scraps kit I won thanks to the wonderful folks at the Sassafras Lass blog. My something old is the Thickers scallop at the bottom of the photo (though, to be honest, it's not that old).



A page about my childhood dog, Sami. I've always been more of a cat person, Sami's the only dog that's ever been mine. For this page the background is SUPER old, and I jazzed it up with some older Love, Elsie epoxy stickers.


This page also prominently features the June Vintage Plum kit. My only something old is the strip of striped Basic Gray paper. I'm not so good with stripes, so I'm glad I finally found the perfect use for the paper.

Most of my pages are inspired by the photos, but this one was 100% inspired by those cute Sassafras chipboard bunny stickers. All paper, excepting the background, on this page was scrap paper.


Lastly, a card I made for my little sister's birthday. I can't believe she's 15! She's already a better driver than I am. I centered the card around the Thickers flower and the KI word stickers (which are pretty old). The rest of the card is made from scraps.

I hope this post inspires you to use some of those scraps! It is "scrap"booking after all (as my husband so diligently reminds me everytime I buy something new). Happy scrapping!

1 comment:

jen geigley said...

awesome pages, girl!