April 10, 2009

The Creative Type #14

Last post today I swear! I've been saving them up waiting to take pictures. You're going to get slammed with some eye candy this weekend now that they're all taken.

The current challenge up at The Creative Type is all about the @ symbol. Thanks to their prompt, I had the Beck song Where It's At stuck in my head the whole time I made this:


I spent forever on my computer trying to pick a font that I liked for both Eliza's name and the at symbol to no avail. I ended up drawing my own letters with a Sharpie and cutting them out by hand. I know, crazy for someone with a Silhouette, but I think this was the right feel. I carried the Sharpie outlining on throughout the layout.

P.S. It was really fun quizzing Eliza on her favorites! I bet if I asked her tomorrow, she'd say something totally different...

4 comments:

Kent said...

Cute take on the prompt! LOL about the song! Hadn't thought of that one! Thanks for playing over at The Creative Type!

Unknown said...

omg, I have had the Beck song stuck in my head for days as well! I love your hand drawn/cut title--and the little interview is soooo sweet!

Niella said...

thanks for playing along! What a cute layout..love the idea of a interview too!! Rockin'

Sandy said...

so CUTE!!!! i love how colourful this is!!!