May 21, 2009

Before and After

This one's for yet another challenge over at Vintage Plum. This one's the Guest Design Challenge for June. It was all about chipboard, so I created this chipboarderific page:


I loved using different kinds of chipboard to add all kinds of texture to this layout! I stamped letters on scrap chipboard from a paper pack and cut them out. For texture, I added some corrugated chip circles cut from a coffee cup holder. There's also a journaling spot from packaging (K & Co usable packaging journaling blocks) and a chip flower! I also used yellow crackle paint on a few bare chip shapes. I highly recommend the Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint. It's one step, has the paint brush in the cap, and dries pretty darn quick. My crackles here are pretty little because I used a thin layer of paint, but the crackles get bigger the thicker you heap it on.

I'm so excited to get to use these photos, I think they're halarious! The journaling on this one is a liitle hard to read, so here it is:

Today I gave birth to beautiful little Eliza! I was "hanging in there" for the shot in the Before picture, but was just blissfully waiting in the After one!

No comments: